Hi everyone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leobendive

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone,
Since getting certified in 2012 I was reading posts on scubaboard from time to time. In the beginning I read a lot in the "near misses and lessons learned" forum - learned a lot from it (I think back then it was organized a bit different - as a sub-forum of the accident forum!?).
I'm mainly diving on vacation together with my wife, combining sight-seeing and relaxing with diving and so we did only a bit more than 100 dives over the years - so far in 10 different countries + a couple dives in austrian lakes. Beside of Covid 2020, when our trip was cancelled, we were diving every year.
This year will be the first year, we will not go on a vacation by choice, as we now have a little girl that gets all our attention.
So I thought maybe its about time to make some posts on scubaboard to somehow get over my diving needs for a year or two 😉
Best regards,
Patrick

Wonderful hello and I do hope you gained much from those sitting around
constipating, to squeeze out the cause of those incidents, without any facts

Here is a song

Do you know bendiving is something we try to avoid more than the plague

Did I tell you that if you force a smile you are smiling

Wonderful hello and I do hope you gained much from those sitting around
constipating, to squeeze out the cause of those incidents, without any facts
As far as I remember there were quite a lot threads with first hand reports on close calls and lessons learned from it. They definitely provide more insight than factless speculation based on newspaper articles.

Hi everyone,
Since getting certified in 2012 I was reading posts on scubaboard from time to time. In the beginning I read a lot in the "near misses and lessons learned" forum - learned a lot from it (I think back then it was organized a bit different - as a sub-forum of the accident forum!?).
I'm mainly diving on vacation together with my wife, combining sight-seeing and relaxing with diving and so we did only a bit more than 100 dives over the years - so far in 10 different countries + a couple dives in austrian lakes. Beside of Covid 2020, when our trip was cancelled, we were diving every year.
This year will be the first year, we will not go on a vacation by choice, as we now have a little girl that gets all our attention.
So I thought maybe its about time to make some posts on scubaboard to somehow get over my diving needs for a year or two 😉
Best regards,
Patrick

Welcome! Congratulations on addition to your family! I remember not diving for 9 months straight during COVID lockdowns and living vicariously through others on the scubaboard myself :) So I can relate to what you are saying. There are a lot of experienced folks here you can learn from. I know I have over time. You also will learn who posts more helpful or less helpful posts, because there are a lot of those as well. And some posts are so cryptic , it will leave you wonder… Some posts are clearly trolling and some are probably by some type of AI bots.
Please share your diving experiences and questions as well.

Welcome! Congratulations on addition to your family! I remember not diving for 9 months straight during COVID lockdowns and living vicariously through others on the scubaboard myself :) So I can relate to what you are saying. There are a lot of experienced folks here you can learn from. I know I have over time. You also will learn who posts more helpful or less helpful posts, because there are a lot of those as well. And some posts are so cryptic , it will leave you wonder… Some posts are clearly trolling and some are probably by some type of AI bots.
Please share your diving experiences and questions as well.
Thank you for your nice welcome post 🙂

Have you come across this

It forgoes the hustle and bustle of first hand by delivering succinct what not to do's, to do's, and what happens

And there's still time for millions of gallons of ScubaBoard in between

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom