Hi everyone ☺

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zazouisabelle

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am Isabelle or Zazouisabelle and I live in Montréal QC, we (my boyfriend Tom and I) just passed theory classes and can't wait to get certified in Cozumel next month!
We just bought airplane tickets and are looking for a place to stay. Any advice welcome ☺

Welcome! You're about to have more fun than you can imagine!

Welcome hope to see you guys in the future in the 1000 islands it's great diving and will keep you interested
Did you take your course through action scuba if you are diving in the 1000 islands region look into the lds on your way they have great prices don't limit yourself to one shop
Btw happy diving

Welcome hope to see you guys in the future in the 1000 islands it's great diving and will keep you interested
Did you take your course through action scuba if you are diving in the 1000 islands region look into the lds on your way they have great prices don't limit yourself to one shop
Btw happy diving
We took our course through Le monde du silence and bought our gear at Total Diving (great service there!), thx for your advice.

Welcome!

Hopefully you'll become an active participant! We can always use another voice in the conversation.

Ray

Hi. The problem with Cozumel dive op.s & hotels/resorts is there's so much info. on the forum about them, you could get a brain hemorrhage trying to take it all in. And if that didn't kill you, just ask 'Gee, where should I eat while there?'

Do you have a particular dive operator you'll be doing your certification training with? If so, that'll narrow your choices down. Some dive op.s will pick you up at your hotel, so picking your hotel doesn't necessarily have to determine what dive op. you dive with.

Do you want an A.I. (all-inclusive) resort? IIRC, there are some to the south, but that's farther from town. Some people strongly prefer non-A.I. because they like to eat out & believe they get much better food that way. In town, there are a range of options.

One place I see mentioned a lot is Hotel Cozumel. It, and neighboring Scuba Club Cozumel, have some shore diving, if that appeals.

I've heard 3 dive op.s have the big 120 cf steel tanks; Living Underwater, Aldora and...that other one I don't remember the name of. So, if either of you is big, and tends to breathe through air fast, something to consider.

Have you done your pool training yet, or will that be in Cozumel, too?

Richard.

Hi. The problem with Cozumel dive op.s & hotels/resorts is there's so much info. on the forum about them, you could get a brain hemorrhage trying to take it all in. And if that didn't kill you, just ask 'Gee, where should I eat while there?'

Do you have a particular dive operator you'll be doing your certification training with? If so, that'll narrow your choices down. Some dive op.s will pick you up at your hotel, so picking your hotel doesn't necessarily have to determine what dive op. you dive with.

Do you want an A.I. (all-inclusive) resort? IIRC, there are some to the south, but that's farther from town. Some people strongly prefer non-A.I. because they like to eat out & believe they get much better food that way. In town, there are a range of options.

One place I see mentioned a lot is Hotel Cozumel. It, and neighboring Scuba Club Cozumel, have some shore diving, if that appeals.

I've heard 3 dive op.s have the big 120 cf steel tanks; Living Underwater, Aldora and...that other one I don't remember the name of. So, if either of you is big, and tends to breathe through air fast, something to consider.

Have you done your pool training yet, or will that be in Cozumel, too?

Richard.
Thank you for all the infos, we managed to find what we were looking for (a place in town, on the budget side, quiet and clean) on airbnb and for the remaining days we picked plaza hotel wich seems to be a good choice for us...
still waiting answers from dive op , we can't wait to be there!

thanks again
zazouisabelle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom