Hi everyone; Im Paul, a new member.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ppronovo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I reside in Connecticut (east coast, USA) and therefore get to dive warm waters about once per year while on vacation. I'm PADI Open Water certified and planning on completing my Advanced Open Water certification while on vacation in Fiji (Beqa Lagoon area)in two months; the course work is already done! I love diving for the myriad ways in which in can be appreciated: adventure, travel, appreciation of our precious environment, naturalism, diving physiology and medicine, underwater photography, plant and wildlife identification, meeting new people.

The few dive destinations I've been to thus far include Belize, Bermuda and Cabo San Lucas (Baja). Fiji will give me the opportunity to really improve my skills and I'm hoping to do some shark dives in Beqa later in the week. I hope to get out to Rhode Island this summer for dives, as it is within a two hour drive, but I've also said the same for the last couple of years-work, family, and running seem to take priority. I still rent my gear (except for the basic masks, fins, snorkel) while away but hope to change that if I'm able to get more involved in scuba to make the investment worthwhile. I do have much camera gear and am struggling with what to do with housings and ports; I really want to blend these two passions but also be responsible financially given my current rate of diving.

Anyway, I'm excited to be a member here to share insight from those with more experience and to connect with interesting people. Looking forward to chatting soon.

Paul

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

Have Fun in Fiji.

Hi and welcome Paul, hope you will be sharing some pictures and stories with us soon :D
Best of luck for Fiji and Beqa

Ed

Back
Top Bottom