Hi everyone, excited to be joining you

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

David_Ramsey

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hi everyone, my wife and I will be empty nesters in just a few years. We decided to start a new hobby that we could enjoy together and while traveling. We don't have any dives or certifications, but we're busy making plans and looking for destinations. After lurking for a while, I can say it's nice to join a board that appears to be one of the friendliest and most helpful around.

Hi everyone, my wife and I will be empty nesters in just a few years. We decided to start a new hobby that we could enjoy together and while traveling. We don't have any dives or certifications, but we're busy making plans and looking for destinations. After lurking for a while, I can say it's nice to join a board that appears to be one of the friendliest and most helpful around.

Let's hope you maintain that sentiment in a few months. Welcome to the best years of your life.

Welcome, David Ramsey, hope you find instructors and dive locations that suit you! Though I'm sure Dave Ramsey the financial guru dude would recommend you choose a cheaper hobby.

Welcome and good luck with your course & trips. Yes, ScubaBoard is the best forum, and the most populated. I joined many forums when starting out 15 years ago. This and one local one remain my only ones.

howdy and welcome from southeast florida....good luck with your classes.

Welcome, David Ramsey, hope you find instructors and dive locations that suit you! Though I'm sure Dave Ramsey the financial guru dude would recommend you choose a cheaper hobby.

I’ve listened to, and read Dave Ramsey for years. As long as David is not funding this on credit, I’m pretty sure he would be all for it.

David, many of us started diving pre-kids, and took long breaks, then returned to diving once kids were grown. You are not too far off track from the norm. Hope you find a good instructor and have a great time!

David, welcome to Scubaboard and I like your enthusiasm for diving. I see you are in NC which gives you a lot of opportunities for diving. Not only do we have great diving on our coast, but we also have several quarries in the state set up for diving, 3 or which are within about an hour or less drive time from Matthews (one is at Lake Norman.) When you and your wife get your certifications, my wife and I would be happy to meet up with you for some diving. We dive almost every weekend somewhere through the summer.

Good luck and have fun getting those certs.

It seems like there are quite a few fixed costs - computer, mask, fins, wetsuit, BCD, regulator, etc. But once you get past that, the cost per dive is a bit cheaper, yes? At least that what it looks like from a complete novice view.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom