Hi Divers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Thinking of getting back into diving after a 40+ year absence. I am a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and need something to do that is within my limits.

I absolutely loved it back then and am sure I will now.

Good to have you aboard. If you loved diving 40 years ago, you sure should now. Diving has made a lot of progress.

Bottoms Up...Bubbles Up!!
Cindy

xenophanes,Welcome to the ScubaSource family. We're glad to have you aboard! Do you by any chance have any pictures of yourself in dive gear from back in the day? We'd love to see you set-up!

Thanks for the good wishes. No, I don't have pictures. They hadn't exactly perfected cameras way back then but the only real differences are BCs and silicon masks and carbon fiber fins.

We had to really baby our gear because of the deterioration of rubber and from what I see, the new stuff can take the elements a little better now.

I am looking forward to getting going, thanks again,

Terry.

Welcome to the boards and welcome back to diving!

What part of the world were you diving in 40 years ago?

Welcome aboard and welcome back to Scuba, Xenophanes. Once you get back in the water you'll wish you never got out all those years ago!

from a fellow scuba addict in Thailand
:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom