Hi, and safe second question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

redpoint5

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Can you mouth inflate a bc with any of the bc integrated octos? It seems exhaling through the mouthpiece would only vent into the water through the reg.

Please spare me your vote of approval/disapproval of using such a device. I've read enough that my eyes are bleeding.

Yep, but with some it's not as easy to accomplish as it is with a traditional B/C inflator/deflator setup.

the K

Yes you can but I recommend practicing it and having your buddy practice it as well. I had a student who had his own equipment with an integrated octo. His buddy had a heck of a time inflating it at first. It feels a little different than using a regular inflator and you don't want your buddy to be forced to figure how to orally inflate your BC in a high stress situation. Talking about it isn't enough, you and your buddy both need to put your mouth on the thing and blow until inflating it is second nature.
Ber :lilbunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom