Hi All

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vanbalenm

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm an Australian expat living in KL, Malaysia. I recently got my PADI O/W permit at Pulau Tioman.

Feel free to post me any info on cool dive sites in and around Malaysia.

Regards,
Michael

Hi michael...

Check out this website...

www.perhentian.com.my

Its got everything u need. I just went to Perhentian in May. Its a great place! If you need extra help on which is a good place to stay and etc. Dont hesitate to ask!

Cheers!=-)

I'm afraid I have some bad news for you though....South Africa just beat Oz in the tri-nations on saturday.... All those cups in the Oz display case are coming back home from across the ditch. Sorry about that. Still, enjoy yourself here anytime.
Cheers Big Ears,
There can be only one,
The Gasman

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Thanks for that link alee. Perhentian's already on the list.

Greg,

the joy of Rugby is taking those cups off you Kiwis. Unfortunately that means we have to give them back occasionally.:eek:ut:

Still, losing to the Boks is enough to make you wanna cut your hose. I'll try to resist the temptation.

So waddaya rekkin? The Poms a real chance to take the cup north of the Equater?

vanbalenm once bubbled...
Hi All,

I'm an Australian expat living in KL, Malaysia. I recently got my PADI O/W permit at Pulau Tioman.

Feel free to post me any info on cool dive sites in and around Malaysia.

Regards,
Michael

Welcome to the boards, many many places to dive in Malaysia, Perhentian is one that ok, really depends the vis can be crap or good, Tioman is better more reliable with a good range of sites including a few interesting wrecks.

Have you ever dived in Australia? If so where? I went to the Great Barrier Reef in April - it was great fun.

The water was cooler than in Malaysia though but lots of large fish, and the night dives were wicked, large fish zooming past you , using your light to hunt smaller fish.

=-)

I haven't dived in Oz yet. I'm from Melbourne so I didn't get interested until I came to Malaysia. I'll be in Cairns for a week in September so I might stick my head under then.

vanbalenm once bubbled...
I haven't dived in Oz yet. I'm from Melbourne so I didn't get interested until I came to Malaysia. I'll be in Cairns for a week in September so I might stick my head under then.
I went to Cairns and dived the GBR, but as I'm from Melbourne I would like to dive when i go home .. when ever that maybe.

But I would love to dive at Lake Eildon some time, I grew up visiting there each year for Christmas and only now do I wonder what is down below.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom