Hi All!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi all. After about a month of reading and learning, I finally decided to register and actually participate. Thanks to all of you for all the new information I read. I am new to diving, and was quite apprehensive at first. But after a bit, I'm becoming more comfortable and am looking forward to completing my OW cert soon.

Have fun - dive lots!

Glad you joined us! Good luck with your O/W...are you doing your checkout dives locally?

Hi Kelpmermaid. I will be diving at LJ Shores. Done three dives there already so I'm ok with it. Only navigation left to do, so I should be fine. I can't wait for the advanced class though - night dive, possible wreck dive - good stuff!!!

LJ means "La Jolla," right? Sorry, I have yet to get south of Laguna for diving yet.

Guess we will see you at Catalina from time to time, huh?=-)

Sounds like you're going at it full force and with a great attitude! Good for you! Have fun diving and welcome to the board.

As you already know......this is a great source of info, inspiration and laughs as well. Glad you've joined us so keep us informed of your progess. Happy Diving!!!!

I did it! The Certification Card is mine! Yesterday was tiring, but great. We had less than prime conditions for diving at La Jolla- bigger waves, low vis - in fact the dive with the new OW class was called, and they did not go back out after their skin dive. Good call on behalf of the instructor, but he gave me my choice. I could call the dive or not. I watched the surf for a while and decided that I could do it. Now, before you guys go crazy on me, you have to understand that I am the most cautious of the cautious divers. I do not yet know all of my abilities, but I knew that if I could get through the surf, I could do it.

I did my first navigation totally wrong! So the instructor following pulled on my fins and turned me around! The second one, I did perfectly. I guess when you start out backwards, it goes downhill from there. I recovered though. But I completed all my skill, including mask recovery (which I HATE) and checked out fine.

I have to say that reading this board for a while helped me understand that a lot of my apprehensions are not simply mine alone. There are a lot of people out there with the same concerns and the advice on here helped quite a bit.

My advanced class starts this week - I guess once you get wet you don't go back!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom