Hi all :) aspiring cold water diver from Denmark here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aura

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello :) I got certified on holiday five years ago and have since then mostly done warm water holiday diving in Southeast Asia and southern Europe. Since travelling has been so difficult for the past 1½ years, I've found myself reluctantly trying out local diving and so far mostly enjoying it. I'm planning on doing the drysuit specialty course fairly soon so that my diving isn't strictly limited to the summer. Really excited to take it up a notch :)

Welcome to Scubaboard. We're very pleased to have you join us and that you will have warm and cold experiences to share and/or make note of in your other posts. I'm personally looking forward to seeing your upcoming contributions, whether that be starting threads or just jumping into any other thread of interest to you.

Welcome. The development you go through to handle the more demanding conditions of cold water diving may help even in warm water diving. And it'll expose you to things in a different environment.

Welcome! My name is Danish, but I've never been to Denmark. It does sound chilly to dive there, good luck on your drysuit class.

Warning!! You are likely to become hooked on wreck diving which is a very difficult habit to break.

Welcome! If you are in or around Copenhagen, check out my dive club, the greatest dive club ever: Frømandsklubben Helgoland.
We do awesome dives every week, all year round.
Would love to see you there!
Drysuit course is a really good idea. Some people dive wetsuits, and they will sometimes wear an incredible amount of layers to keep warm. I don't get it. Drysuit diving is definitely the way to go, and once you get a drysuit, you will love it.
If you have any questions, send me a PM (på dansk hvis du vil).
I was a beginner just a couple of years ago, but I joined the club, and got loads of help from a bunch of incredibly experienced and friendly divers here :)

Hello :) I got certified on holiday five years ago and have since then mostly done warm water holiday diving in Southeast Asia and southern Europe. Since travelling has been so difficult for the past 1½ years, I've found myself reluctantly trying out local diving and so far mostly enjoying it. I'm planning on doing the drysuit specialty course fairly soon so that my diving isn't strictly limited to the summer. Really excited to take it up a notch :)

Enjoy your local diving in cold water. Drysuit diving is fun, and warm.

Back
Top Bottom