Hey!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LuKe g

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey guys! I’ve been a thread viewer for several years but just made an account. I’ve been snorkelling since I was young up here in Ontario, Canada and finally got to fulfil a bucket list requirement of mine by being certified two summers ago. I have yet to really take advantage of it as I haven’t travelled south yet and am still generally opting for snorkelling/free diving up here in lakes because of the hassle and expenses. It’s hard to find interesting dive spots up here that are not for more advanced divers! Hopefully I’ll put this summer to good use and get some much needed experience under my belt.

Welcome. Congrat.s on getting certified. I, too, live well away from warm, aquarium-like oceanic conditions. A solo dive trip to the Caribbean tends to run me around $3,500, give or take a bit, for a week (that's diving, room, food, airfare, etc...). Cozumel's a popular budget destination with good diving; some resources:
Tres Pelicanos & Casa Mexicana, Cozumel Sept. 2018 Report - Tres Pelicanos/Casa Mexican Trip Report Sept. 2018
My Research Notes from Planning Cozumel Trip - My Research Notes from Planning Cozumel Trip

Hey back at ya! Welcome to SB. I'm just a "little" south of you in Indiana. I like warm water diving myself and can't wait to hit the Caribbean once things get a little more normal.

Welcome from another Ontario diver. The Saint Lawrence River actually gets reasonably warm (75F) in the summer although we don't have down south visibility. There are quite a few dive sites on the river that are great for less experienced divers in the Brockville area.

Welcome from another Ontario diver. The Saint Lawrence River actually gets reasonably warm (75F) in the summer although we don't have down south visibility. There are quite a few dive sites on the river that are great for less experienced divers in the Brockville area.
I'm in the GTA so Brockville would be quite a trip but there are a couple of "lakes" more like ponds nearby that have a couple of sunken boats, planes etc. at around 30' for divers to practice in.

Welcome from NS. You may look into some diving near Tobermory if you're anywhere near there. I hear there are some good wrecks, though some may be deep. Hopefully the US border will open sometime during our lifetimes....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom