Hey what are these? Fab Force SD-1??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dittrimd

Force Fin Diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
9152_1.JPG

Just Curious. The look like Fab Force SD-1 but they differ from the onese picutred on the website.

Also what is the status of the Fab Force and why are they unavailable?

Mark D.

Great find! I saw this on E-bay awhile back and thought what a great find!

They look out of the box and that fin - the SK Fab Force fab_force_sk1 It had a great run and there are still diver masters in Fiji still using them today.
The Fab Force is no longer made and will be at least a few years before you see the Fab Force Line. The launch will include new models in free diving , fishing, resort snorkeling and fitness swimming.

Those are fins are one of a kind. Are they still on E-bay or is someone somewhere smiling?

No they are not on ebay anymore. I picked them up for $60 US plus shipping. What can I say I am addicted to Force Fins. This will make number 4. Seemed like a good deal and the guy had good feedback so we will see. I will keep you posted. Thanks for the info!!

Mark D.

Dittrimd. good for you they are worth alot since we only made a few. Very light and pack a nice punch. When I say a few I mean less than 6. That fin is world it's weight in gold, r&d on that project was over $100.oo, plus the patents. I plan to bring it back once things slow down, maybe things will never slow down and you will have a fin that will be worth alot

Thanks Bob for the info on the fins. I look forward to trying them out, I will keep you posted.

On a personal note I cannot tell you how much your fins add to the enjoyment of every water activity I do!! When I am doing my public safety diving I feel confident, safe and strong with my Pros on. Working out with a good surface swim or snokeling with my children I cannot wait to get into the water and put them on.

A sincere thanks.

Mark D.

Great news they shipped yesterday from Monte Carlo!! The guy even scanned in the reciept for the shipping with a tracking number. Makes me feel a lot better since I broke one of my cardinal eBay rules of not buying outside the US no matter how good the deal.

As my obsession grows I have spent more and more time on the Force Fin website. I was looking through the award and article section and found a link from Fly Fishing America where these fins won the 2000 Editors Choice Award.
Fly Fish America Magazine Reviews Fab Force FT1
fab_force_editors_award_flyfishamerica_jan2000.jpg

I found this link to a webpage for the Fab Force FT1

fabft1282.jpg

Fab Force FT1

This looks like the fins I purchased.

How similar is this foot pocket to the Militiary SD1 design. It is hard to tell from the few photos I have seen. Since the Military SD1 is on my wish list along with several others I would like to know how similar these foot pockets are.

Thanks for the info.

Mark D.

well, how good is the diving up there. I am dieing to get back in the water, and the OBX are all screwed up right now with Faye and Gustov on the way. If you give me a place to stay for a night or 2 and take me out diving, I'll bring my Military SD-1's for you to play with.

My Fins arrived today!!! They are as good as if they just came out of the box. They also traveled a lot quicker from France than I would have expected, only 8 days. I want to get wet with these as soon as I can. Between work and a family committment the earliest I can get in the water is 9 p.m. tonight. I guess it is a little night swimming.:D

Meesier42, thanks for the offer and I would love to take you up on it but I have way outgrown my 2 bedroom house with two adults and three children!! Just no room and with school starting no time either. I hope some day we can dive together, uncleavi said is was a great experience.

I guess the OBX are even worse now with the addition of those other storms.

Take care,

Mark D.

Back
Top Bottom