Hey, Hey... looking for local dive club in Austin, TX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just received my open water certification and want to sharpen my skills. I would love to find a group that goes out regularly. Thanks for your time!

howdy and welcome from southeast florida.....what kind of diving do you do in Texas?

Scubaland Adventures has a fairly active dive club. Or it was active when I lived in Austin 8 years ago...

-Chris

Also check with Tom's Dive and Swim. They have an active dive club.

Welcome to the 'board and the underwater world. Drop on down to your "local" forum here: Texas
Should be able to find other's in the Austin neighborhood that like to get wet too. Enjoy

You might also check into taking the Spring Lake Dive Authorization Course at Meadow's Center in San Marcos. It is a one day course, plus some reading, and few open book quizzes. They have a pretty active group of divers that do volunteer diving at Spring Lake, removing invasive vegetation species, keeping the numerous springs clear of algae and debris, as well as a host of other underwater tasks. It is not deep diving, but the water is very clear, and it is a very pretty diving environment, especially for Texas. Because it is a very sensitive environmental area, you do have to demonstrate good buoyancy control, but if you have that, the dive test is very simple.

Welcome to Scubaboard a great community of excellent divers.

Back
Top Bottom