Hey from Ontario

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Slym

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey all,

I figured I would sign up for a forum on the topic, I have basically no knowledge of scuba diving beyond what I have read on articles and see on tv. Few months back I had a spur of the moment that I wanted to learn to scuba dive, I waited a bit to make sure I wouldn't grow bored of the idea and waste my money. Now coming this March I am going to start an open water dive certification locally.

Can't wait to learn and visit the 2/3's rest of the world!

Welcome to the board! There is a wealth of information for all levels of diving and definitely those that are new to diving!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

definitely make sure you "can" dive. some people can't handle masks. others get vertigo underwater. when i took my course it was free until after the first pool session (except for the mask,fins,booties & snorkel).

and read lots of threads. ask lots of questions. learn to filter out the nonsense.

i also suggest you invest lots of time learning about equipment. the scuba manufacturers exist to sell you stuff that makes them money.

I took a free "try scuba"lass through a big sports store, put you in gear and then poolhooked from then on. but honestly 2 people hated it. the difference might have been they we doing it for someone else..

Last edited:
Hey I'm from cornwall ontario the st lawrence river has the best fresh water diving in the world hope to see you there I'm the spring

definitely make sure you "can" dive. some people can't handle masks. others get vertigo underwater. when i took my course it was free until after the first pool session (except for the mask,fins,booties & snorkel).

and read lots of threads. ask lots of questions. learn to filter out the nonsense.

i also suggest you invest lots of time learning about equipment. the scuba manufacturers exist to sell you stuff that makes them money.

That is one thing I didn't think about haha, not too worried, the closest I have been to diving was on Nassau, where you go down in this single man sub things and drive it around underwater, probably at the most 20 feet if that.

Hey I'm from cornwall ontario the st lawrence river has the best fresh water diving in the world hope to see you there I'm the spring

I really want to see some wrecks I love history and just seeing the photos of them are just so cool, seeing the wreck in person would be the best!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom