Hey Everyone!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rykozel12

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Lovely to be here. I'm a Marine Science major, Ocean lifeguard, swimmer, and water polo player so I feel rather at home here. I have my Padi Advanced Open Water cert and am thinking of starting the process for rescue diver and eventually dive master. I live in Maryland but have the convenience of a family member's place in Islamorada so most (all) of my diving is done there. Any advice on getting my next certs/dive spots in the Mid-atlantic/Chesapeake area, or just saying hi would be welcomed! Thanks and have a great day.

Welcome. You have a lot of water experience and after a bunch more dives (how many?), sounds like you will do fine with Rescue and DM courses. I would assume any diving in or around Chesapeake Bay would probably suck unless you're close to the mouth (if it's anything like Delaware & Chincoteague Bays). My brother actually lives in Chesapeake, VA (Norfolk area) and says the only really good diving is a 2+ hour boat ride in the ocean. But others may be more informative.

Welcome aboard. I can confirm that diving in or around the Chesapeake Bay sucks. Clearly the good diving you refer to @TMHeimer is offshore. OP has the right and idea and the right connection to make it happen. Love the Keys and can't wait to go back.

And if in Jupiter, Blue Heron Bridge, of course. If you are looking for someone to train with, one of the best instructors I know is at Jupiter Dive Center. Did self reliant with him (though down in Largo and he doesn't need much of an excuse to go south). LMK if you need someone to help you with your training. I also know a really good instructor in Islamorada.

Back
Top Bottom