Hero2 + Blurfix + CY video of Roatan (horrible cameraman)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

irishtn

Contributor
Reaction score
Boy do I need alot of practice. And the new tray from SRP probably will help as well, but lots and lots more practice.
I do think this would have came out pretty good though had I not messed it up. The potential was there.
https://vimeo.com/37473281

It was very nice. Just need to hold the camera steady. LOL.
I fully admit I am not good, but I sure do look forward to more "practice". Will be getting the Tray from Aquapro too.
My next definite trip wont be til June (Cayman), but I might try and sneak a trip to Florida maybe next month.
You will love the blurfix. Its awesome.

Thanks robint, that sounds like great advice. I guess I didnt realize how quickly I moved the camera back and forth until I got back and checked the video. Almost made me seasick.

@ iristn - I thought the video was well done and the Blue of the Ocean looked great. Huge difference when using a CY filter versus not using one. I also thought your stability was really really good. I know you'll notice a difference when using the SRP Camera Tray but all in all I thought it was done well.

The one thing about shooting video is that there is always room to improve and always something new to try. What were your settings? Well done! Hope to see more.

Thanks Aquapro, settings were 1080P medium view. Next trip I might experiment with the wide view too. I started with wide when snorkeling but it almost seemed too wide. Maybe it was just my inexperience with video, but for some reason the medium angle seemed to appeal to me. But as soon as it gets warmer, I might try the wide again, and see how it turns out.

Well done cool first video, Ive found holding a gopro in hand is almost impossible to keep the camera still. I used that method when I went to Thailand and even with a bit of experience using gopro cameras most of my video wasn't much better then yours lol. I did have a DIY handheld setup at the time but it was too heavy and cumbersome to bother dragging half way around the world so I though I may get away with just basic handheld but its just very hard with such a small camera to keep it still without a little help.

The SRP tray will make this so much easier but even so it will take a little practice, Ive found just swimming around holding the tray produces pretty decent footage and if you really focus on stability it can be very still. This is also very light weight and can be packed away flat so its not much of an issue to bring away on trips.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom