Hero 4 Dive and Flip 3.1: Mind the Gap?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Putting my new GoPro kit together and when installing the 3.1 frame I see there's a significant gap between the dive housing's lens frame an the Backscatter's flip frame:

Gap.PNG

Quick google search found some other folks with same thing. Is this known issue? A non-issue?

I'm a bit concerned about something that is a friction fit... where 1/4 of the friction surface is not making contact.

Appreciate any thoughts or insights folks might have.

Ray

Took me a little while to get mine seated properly but eventually I was able to squeeze it on and everything was flush. I remember pulling it all together and catching the screw. It wasn't easy.

Reactions: RJP
For as much as they are charging for them, I would definitely not put up with that...

The flip system actually fits very well. Just follow the directions, push that side were you have the arrow flush with the case before putting in the screw and make sure to push the ends flush where the screw goes together and it wall all line up properly.

The flip system actually fits very well. Just follow the directions, push that side were you have the arrow flush with the case before putting in the screw and make sure to push the ends flush where the screw goes together and it wall all line up properly.

yup - figured that out on the airport on the way to Truk. Video to come...

Back
Top Bottom