Here They Come!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think this is hopeful thinking / planning. The current leadership of the CDC is resisting making a decision on lifting the no sail order which also would apply to passage through US waters.
Pressure is being applied by the cruise industry and politicians from states which are dependant on tourism jobs.
I think the political appointed leader of the CDC will continue to hesitant and drag their feet. Whether this is due to science or politics is up for debate.

Delta CEO Ed Bastian reported that his company's consumer business is already at 85-90% of pre-COVID levels and that he anticipates business travel to increase significantly once vaccination numbers improve and companies call back employees from home and go back to closer to normal working conditions. Delta plans on opening their Atlanta campus in June, and perhaps sooner if vaccination rates pick up.

One of the allures to barge people was sailing with a PPCard. That would not work for Nassau, would it? Full passport required, clear Bahaman I&C, etc.

I think this is hopeful thinking / planning. The current leadership of the CDC is resisting making a decision on lifting the no sail order which also would apply to passage through US waters.
I so hope you're right.

Everyone they meet...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom