Here is pic of Brownies new Nemo Miniature Diving System (size of football)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darp

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
bLU3-NEMO%E2%84%A2-1.jpg

Introducing NEMO™ | Brownie's Marine Group
Note the 4 battery charger in front of unit, everything you need to dive is in that pic. Gets across how tiny everything is. Has Electronic Regulator.

The technology inside is amazing. John Colburn is quite the inventor, he has 9 patents.

It's called Nemo and the PR about it is at bottom of this post.
As a river diver this is the most revolutionary thing have seen in years.

The entire thing would take up 1/4th of a suitcase so you could take it with you and dive whenever you want to for 5 cents an hour, well take that back as hotels do not charge for electricity, so if you are in hotel, its for free per hour. A pocket full of those std batteries would allow you to dive all day long

bLU3-NEMO%E2%84%A2-10.jpg

Here is PR on it Brownie’s Marine Group to capture an entirely new market

It's an mini electric hookah. There's no shortage of different models of hookah dive systems. I think you guys already make/sell the most popular units, so this is coming from a company with experience in the hookah market. The biggest problem I see with it is the 10 foot depth limit. Why so shallow? Can you replace the included hose with a longer one?

Also, the most important question when talking about something new... how much does it cost?

It's an mini electric hookah. There's no shortage of different models of hookah dive systems. I think you guys already make/sell the most popular units, so this is coming from a company with experience in the hookah market. The biggest problem I see with it is the 10 foot depth limit. Why so shallow? Can you replace the included hose with a longer one?

Also, the most important question when talking about something new... how much does it cost?

Hi Kelemvor, Yes they have been in sector over 30 years. The only thing close to this in size is Brownies Nomad, but this is less than half the size of that. I am going to get one. Maybe for sale by August? The 10 foot depth is on purpose, there are some studies that show if someone and unfortunately they do, holds their breath from 10 feet and surface no embolisms will form. 11-12 feet they can. Hence greatly reduces risk for resorts to rent them etc.

I dive mostly in rivers for gold mining, this is a dream for that. Hear it will retail for $499 and maybe they will crowdfund it for less first. It uses 4 std lithium batteries that fit in that charger in pic. I could backpack rough terrain with one of these in a knapsack then dive to prospect and clean crevices. (wish had one for last 25 years to do that instead of longingly looking at bedrock 5 feet down) Do not know the weight but has to be very small. Normally do not go below 8 feet, but can stay down 8 hours a day. The std cheap batteries very appealing, could go all day with a small bag of them. My other common diving is Cabo Pulmo, could take on airliner. Just do that for fun, but cruising at 10 feet better than snorkeling and this is so small not a hassle.

Interesting unit.
I've never done hookah diving but find it interesting.

On the side, it does take the idea of the long hose to a new level.:wink::)

I'd maybe be interested if the hose went to 20 or 30 feet. !0 feet at $500 - nah.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom