Henderson Point pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the pictures..

Hey Swankenstein...

Cool pics from Henderson Pt. From what I understand... from your post... this was a fresh water dive in a lake near Henderson Point?! Just wondering if I read that right?!

have a great week...

NavyDoll:
Hey Swankenstein...

Cool pics from Henderson Pt. From what I understand... from your post... this was a fresh water dive in a lake near Henderson Point?! Just wondering if I read that right?!

have a great week...

Just Swankenstein weird sense of humour it was the Pacific Lake we were diving.

Thanks Hyper... I was wondering if I'd missed something... after 4 years here... I was questioning my sanity.. about the 'lake' by Henderson Pt... especially a freshwater lake with Cloud Sponges?! That's why I asked... :wink:

NavyDoll:
Thanks Hyper... I was wondering if I'd missed something... after 4 years here... I was questioning my sanity.. about the 'lake' by Henderson Pt... especially a freshwater lake with Cloud Sponges?! That's why I asked... :wink:
Like Hyperlimits said, just a bit of "inlet humour". Except for the cloud sponge, the photos look like they were taken in a lake with all the bare rock. ....All it needs are intact 150-year-old schooners.

Hey Guys. Just curious, how deep did you have to go to find those cloud sponges? Thats like my all time favorite thing to see!! I think those are bigger then any I have ever seen! Let me know :p

Nali

Nalidixic:
Hey Guys. Just curious, how deep did you have to go to find those cloud sponges? Thats like my all time favorite thing to see!! I think those are bigger then any I have ever seen! Let me know :p

Nali

We found those sponges about 2 years ago, we keep an eye on them to see how they are doing. One big problem with the sponge is when diver start touching them or worst hitting them with their fins, the get destroyed pretty easy. This one is quite small comparing to the one found around Senanus Island which is just across Henderson PT. Senanus Island has about 50-60 cloud sponges located in close proximity to each other, Some of those sponges are 4ft high and 10ft across. Anyway the cloud sponge in the pictures is at 120ft. If you check Swankenstein website you can take a look at the one at Senanus.

Cheers

Al

Thanks for cluing me in on the Inlet humour... promise I won't let my blonde roots show through so much next time :)

Heading up to the "Bight" after work today.. hope the vis is still pretty good!!

Navy

Back
Top Bottom