Help!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jesterdrew

Reaction score
I will be in Thailand in the New Year and really want to go diving. I am a complete novice but would like to be able to dive wherever I travel to so does anyone know where I can do it in Thailand and the details.
Many thanks people

my friend just got back from Thailand where she got her padi ow ill ask her over the weekend and ill let you know

Ko Tao is one of the cheapest places in the world to do open water diver courses. Food and accom are really cheap but the diving isn't supposed to be so hot. I had planned to go there because of the costs but I've read enough to know that I'll be disappointed with the diving. If you just want to get certified it's probably a good place to go. Here are a couple links to some of the bigger and more reputable shops there.

www.amazingkotao.com "Bans Diving
www.scuba-junction.com
www.buddhaview-diving.com

I'm now looking closer at Krabi and the Phi Phi islands. Krabi as a base offers all the same dives sites as Phuket but more laid back atmosphere.

Jesterdrew:
Hi welcome to scuba board. I moved your post over here. You should get even more replies this way.

Jiveturkey: Good links. Looks like you're going to be very helpful and useful to the board. Also, "welcome."

Jiveturkey

pndivers is the web site for Phra Nang Divers. I did my OW with them in January 2001 and would recommend them. They are based at Ao Nang beach.

Regards

Ao Nong is near Krabi on Thailand's west coast. Koh Tao is on the East Coast.

The diving is supposed to be nice so i wouldn't discount it.
List of Koh Tao dive sites

I tried to go in Oct 1998 and we got hit with a heavy rain. The deluge prohibited ferry travel so I didn't get past Samui.
List of Dive operators - click here

Check out the exotic Island koh Nang Yuan which is actually three undersea mountain tops which rise topside and are connected by sandy beaches.
Photo of Nang Yuan beaches

Gulf of Thailand's rainy season is winter. This is opposite in the Andaman Sea. So if you are looking for your best weather prognosis head to Phuket, Phi Phi, or Krabbi.
Phuket has over 60 dive shops so the courses are competitively priced and can start when you are ready.:mean:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom