Help with wrist mounted devices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CALI68

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I dive with dry gloves so it's very difficult to put on a compass and or wrist computer with bungees. If I make them big enough to go over the rings then I end up mounting them way too far up my arm. My wrist/forearms are too big with my dry suit and undergarments so the stock "watch" straps are too small. Can anyone offer some advise?

Thank You!

What dry gloves do you use? I use the bungie cord on my compass and have no problems using it with the Diving Concepts rings. And my wrist and forarms are by no means thick, quite the contrary.

As for watch straps, the X-band that Fifth Dimension sells works well.

I use Zip Gloves. It's really hard to get the bungee over the Zip Seal because it's pliable and I'm concerned that I'll Damage it.

With Zip Gloves, just buckle the watch onto the wrist BEFORE you put your arms into the suit. It should not be too tight for you to get past if it is properly adjusted. I know divers who never take their computer/compass off their drysuit!

theskull

CALI68:
I use Zip Gloves. It's really hard to get the bungee over the Zip Seal because it's pliable and I'm concerned that I'll Damage it.

There is a post here from Uncle Pug that shows how to setup an adjustable bungie loop. Do a search for it as I don't have a link. It was awhile back

I usually put my bottom timers on before I put my arms in the sleeves.

MD

Thanks, I'll look for that.

theskull:
With Zip Gloves, just buckle the watch onto the wrist BEFORE you put your arms into the suit. It should not be too tight for you to get past if it is properly adjusted. I know divers who never take their computer/compass off their drysuit!

theskull

That sounds like a plan.

I've got the bungees on my compass, but for a good watch strap look at the Waterborne watch straps. I put mine onto my drysuit before I get into it, but it's a nifty little strap that attaches to both pins in my dive computer so that if I break a pin I won't lose the watch...and it's got a couple of rings on it for looping the band through after you put it on so that it won't come undone. Kinda handy.

Back
Top Bottom