Help with wing selection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr. Rick

Reaction score
Hello Patrick,
I am currently making the change over to doubles and recently purchased one of your hog style harnesses to mate with a ss Hammerhead plate I was gifted with. I have hp 100's to band and my tech 50 regs should continue to serve me for now. What I am shopping for is a suitable wing, although my resources are limited I don't want an outdated or sub par quality unit. My question is about Oxy's 70# wing I saw on Golem Gear's site, is this of today's standards for safety? Does Oxy offer this unit directly and the advertised sale price is WOW!!!! Having thought that you "get what you pay for", I can only think this to be too good to be true. Welcome your thoughts, Rick

Hello Patrick,
I am currently making the change over to doubles and recently purchased one of your hog style harnesses to mate with a ss Hammerhead plate I was gifted with. I have hp 100's to band and my tech 50 regs should continue to serve me for now. What I am shopping for is a suitable wing, although my resources are limited I don't want an outdated or sub par quality unit. My question is about Oxy's 70# wing I saw on Golem Gear's site, is this of today's standards for safety? Does Oxy offer this unit directly and the advertised sale price is WOW!!!! Having thought that you "get what you pay for", I can only think this to be too good to be true. Welcome your thoughts, Rick

Rick,

Golem Gear has all of the remaining inventory of the 70# wings. We do not have any.

We did not have many left and sold them to Golem Gear at a good price and he is just passing the deal along to his customers.

Best regards,

Patrick
OxyCheq

Dove my LP108s today with a Vertex 360 Extreme 55#. Loved the wing, trimmed out perfectly, only thing is that the corrugated inflator hose is too short for my liking. I'm going to get a 16", and then I think I'll have my perfect doubles wing. I'd check it out, since scubatoys has it for a very reasonable price.

I did my first ever dive on doubles this weekend (AL80s) using my new Oxycheq Signature 360 40#. Outstanding wing. Was an easy transition from diving singles (Halcyon Eclipse). Trimmed out very easily.

Thanks to Adam and Ella at CaveHeaven.com in Mexico for recommending it. I can't wait to get my Basic Cave certification through them in July.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom