HELP with Vancouver, Canada Dive Center/Dive boat recomendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divers choice is the nicest boat in Nanaimo by far, and probably the nicest boat on the island, check out the dive outfitters on northfield road in nanaimo for fills and gear. www.thediveoutfitters.ca ask for Dave or Ashley
Gabriola bluffs, snake island wall are awesome dives, and of course the wrecks by snake island are excellent, if you have been on the Yukon the saskatchawan will look quite familiar.

Yet another vote for Diver's Choice :)

For diving around the Vancouver area I work out of, and can certainly recommend Ocean Pro Divers. We're a bit to the south in South Surrey/White Rock, but you might want to check out the schedule. A new dive boat operator has recently been discovered. I haven't tried them myself yet, but they get good reviews for local 2 tank boat dives.

http://www.oceanprodivers.com/divetrip.asp

Hey Debbie, the boat is "Cheers", and Shay is great. Been out with them 2x now, and will definitely be back in the future.

Definitely nanaimo area for some wrecks, otherwise further north for more life. The wrecks are relatively recent so they aren't completely covered with life. But definitely awesome dives. Don't bother with vancouver, just go to the island.

bcsean:
Hey Debbie, the boat is "Cheers", and Shay is great. Been out with them 2x now, and will definitely be back in the future.

hey Sean,
Thanks for the info. We'll definitely try them out... early next year (and hopefully the fireworks trip this year) ...sometime after our trip to Jamaica :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom