Help with upload

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PapaBob

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Hi:

I would like to join in the fun, but I am new at uploading to this site. My dive pics are 5.0mb+ scanned files and the instructions say not to attach more than 100k. What is my real max file size and is there an easy way to scale down from windows (or adobe photoshop le or pictureit!)? By the way, I am a newbie to this site (if you could not tell from my sparse posts) and I am really impressed by the quality of the shared images and know-how.

Thanks in advance for your help.

---Bob

In your Photoshop LE, do you have a Save for Web option for saving pictures? If so, you can resize your photo to maximize it's size yet stay within the limits of the board.

Another option is to use one of the free web hosting sites. Yahoo has one as does Imagestation.com. You may have to post a link to the album instead of to specific photos but you wouldn't have to do alot of resizing.

ScubaBOBuba once bubbled...
Hi:

I would like to join in the fun, but I am new at uploading to this site. My dive pics are 5.0mb+ scanned files and the instructions say not to attach more than 100k. What is my real max file size and is there an easy way to scale down from windows (or adobe photoshop le or pictureit!)? By the way, I am a newbie to this site (if you could not tell from my sparse posts) and I am really impressed by the quality of the shared images and know-how.

Not an expert, but have used Photoshop LE.

Save the file as a different name (don't want to loose your large pic ya know.)

In LE go to IMAGE | IMAGE SIZE

Make sure Proportions is checked, and File Size is UNchecked.

Select 72 pixels/inch as your resolution.

Verify New File Size (near center of window)

If New File Size is still too large, adjust either height or width down until New File Size shows as being below your target.

When everything is to your liking click OK.

Save file.

Post away.

DL

Back
Top Bottom