help with Suunto Vyper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wabsuk

Reaction score
Hi

Can anyone / "Techies" shed any light here for me. Just bought a 2nd hand Vyper and was wandering????

Is it possible to wipe the dive log / history. At present had 56 dives logged with 35 hours bottom time.

Am i stuck with this history or can it be reset????

I eagerly await a greater wisdow to enlighten me on this!!!!
:confused:

I think you are stuck with them until you fill up the memory then the older ones will roll off but I could be wrong! :wacko:

The good thing about that is you just have to DIVE alot !! :)

You're pretty much stuck unfortunately from what I understand.
But... If memory serves me correctly someone had mentioned that they left the battery out for a period of time (maybe a week:confused: ) and the memory supposedly cleared all the previous dives. You can try it, but again this is second hand info and I don't know if it works or not.

Good luck and let us know if you try it.

Only guarantee is to send it in to a Suunto repair center, and they can wipe it for you for a fee. The battery idea may work, but why would you want to be dry for a week? :wink:

"Can I delete dives from the log/history of my Suunto Computer ? "

No, individual dives can not be cleared from memory. The memory can be reset by an Authorized Suunto Technician.

Just been on the suunto site and managed to find this gem!!!

Just need to find myself a local "Authorized Suunto Technician."

Thanks for replies but if anyone has anyother idea's or info on the bvattery idea, be interested to hear!!!!:doctor:

the problem is finding the program to do so.

The same software probably allows for calibration of the depth sensor......

Good luck finding a copy of it. (If you do, I'd love one!) :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom