Help with Sizing Kids Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dittrimd

Force Fin Diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was snorkeling with my eight year old daughter last night. She had her mask, snorkel and fins kit form another to remain unamed company and I had my yellow pros with neoprene boots. She commented on how my fins made me look like a mermaid (She really likes mermaids, she has watched Aquamarine more times than I can stand to think about!!) Her comments coming from an 8 year old made me smile since we all know the story of how force fins got their unique design.

She asked if she could get a pair like mine for her birthday. I looked on the website and could not find any fin offered in anything less that a Small but when you look at the sizing chart you have a Children Colum with an XS under the barefoot row. What fin do you offer in an XS? She is a size 1-2 and if I get her a pair of neoprene boots which she also asked for it could help. Add in a comfort instep and we might be in business.

The only problem is my three year old daughter who made a suprising transition to a snorkeling fish this summer will undobtedly want a pair. Luckily my 10 month old son can't talk yet so I do not have to listen to him complain that he wants a pair as well.

Any help with the sizing would be appreciated. I think it would be a lot easier to teach her proper technique with Force Fins now rather than later.

Mark D.

Bob is once again tasting his own food ( Force Fins) and getting his hands on trimming some amazing looking NEON PROS and Black Originals.

Straight from the President of Force Fin the "Fin Doctor" as I came back from lunch "Small Originals with a comfort instep for your 8 year and Small slim fins with a two comfort insteps for your 3 year old.
Comfort insteps are truly an amazing sizing tool.
instep_product

I personally have doubled up on comfort insteps for team members and it is the single best sizing tools for adapting one pair of fins. We can get your daughters in a pair of fins.
Enjoy your time in the water with your family!
PM to Follow

Anyone who would buy their kids Force Fins, obviously love them and are good Parents!

Thanks for the info Blair. I was thinking something similar. I was going to get slims with the comfort instep for my eight year old becuase I was worried the originals would be too wide for her and she might be hitting the fins as she kicked. If Bob thinks the originals with work then that is good enough for me.

I never thought of putting two sets of comfort insteps in the same fin.

Did you see the chart on the website where it calls out XS as a size for the children column? Is this an actual molded fin size or is it the S with a comfort instep?

Avi, thanks for the kind words I do love my kids beyond words and it has been really cool to see them take to the water and snorkeling so easily. I see lots of underwater adventures in the years to come!!! Of course all with Force Fins!!

Mark D.

Mark D.
Go with the Slim fins. The Originals might be to wide as mentioned and Bob and I talked more this Am- Go with the Slims.

The XS is actually a molded fin without the instep.
Thanks for your continued interest and support!
Blair

Back
Top Bottom