Help with Scubapro Fin selection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VikramGopinath

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi I have an advance diver certification and around 15 dives(very few). I have decided to finally invest in a pair of fins as the rental fins dive shops give me leave my feet hurting after every dive.
I am having trouble choosing between the Jet Fins and the Twin Jet Max. I heard the Jet Fins are kinda heavy but give you good propulsion. The twin jet max is slightly cheaper but looks cooler and feels really comfy. Some people told me that the Jet Fins are for very advanced divers.. is that true ? I am also worried about the Twin Jet Max not giving me enough propulsion as it has a split fin design (especially while moving against currents). I heard the twin jet max requires less effort to kick and hence is used more by women? I am an 18 year old male who is quite physically active so I don't think these fins will suite me ? I really want to buy one of these two fins. Please advice.
Thanks.

Of the two I'd go the Jet Fins. Can you try either of them out? The Mares Quattro fins might also be good option, lighter than the jets but great all round fins.

Last edited:
I've my JetFins for about a year now. They are great for when I can dive locally. The JetFins are seriously heavy. Five pounds each. But they are NOT for advanced divers, in my opinion. They are for every diver. They are great with lots of power and ability to do any kick.

The foot pocket started to cramp my feet though, and being so heavy I decided to make a switch.

I switched to the ScubaPro SeaWing Gorilla fins. The foot pocket is very comfortable and conforms to my foot well, thus giving me more control. The blade of the fin is just as stiff as a JetFins blade, but they are lighter so are more comfortable to use. I can do any kick I need, while back-kicking is possible, it's a little more difficult. Frog kickin is great, and in the event of current they are great for flutter kicking without your legs getting tired.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom