Help with planning for Placencia, Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hmasters34

Registered
Reaction score
Hello All!

I am planning to go Placencia, Belize in mid March of this year. Does anybody have any recommendations as far as dive shop, dive locations, or activities around Placencia.

All help will be much appreciated!!

Last edited:
Sea Horse is one of the dive ops in Placencia. Family owned and operated. Six pack boats up to a 40 ft. one for Whale shark trips. I have dove with them many times and each time was a great experience. If you have never dove there be prepared.... it is a 45min. ride to the closest reef. Tell Dorian one of the DMs Bruce said HI.

Thanks for the replies guys. Any consensus on what the best reefs are?

Or what restaurants or activities are good in Placencia?

A friend owns Paradise Resort. www.belize123.com
I haven't spoken to Alan since he moved there full-time a few years back. He invited me out, just never made it there...though it is on the ever-growing bucket list.
Please post a trip report when you go.

Glover's Reef are nice dives. It's up to you if you want to make the trek to the hole. I thought that the dives at Lighthouse Reef were better than diving the Blue Hole, but to each there own and it was something to check off of the bucket list.

As far as food, we love De Tatch in Placencia. If you have a car, drive up to Maya Beach - we had great meals at Singing Sands.

Back
Top Bottom