Help with our 30th Anniversary trip....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just to keep y’all updated, we did set up another trip for Coz in May of 2020 (just the 2 of us and really looking forward to it). So now I’m trying to decide on our destination for our Oct 2020 trip, which is why I’ve given this thread a lil bump.

In the interim, I have looked a good bit at Grand Cayman, and also Cayman Brac Beach Resort. My fear with CBBR is sargassum and a bit more rigor to getting there. I think I’ll look around a bit more for a VRBO or AirBnb on GC tonight before I go to sleep.

So of the above places, which are the best diving locations, that have a nice atmosphere for my non-diving wife?
I can't say.....depends on the kind of diving you like and the kind if wife you have.

I was going to recommend Grand Cayman and stay along Seven Mile Beach. I've stayed at the Westin before and the grounds there are simply amazing. I love that place. And Grand Cayman in general is just incredible. There is a lot to do for non divers as well. My wife is not a diver. It's where I did my OW and AOW certification this past March. The pic in my profile is 70ft down at the Kittiwake wreck.

Food in Grand Cayman is awesome too. I would recommend renting a car if you do go there. It's very safe to drive around and explore the island. The only downside to GC is that it is not cheap.

We have been to Grand Cayman 4x since July 2017. So yeah, we love that place lol.

Take a look at The Beachsuites smack in the middle of Seven Mile Beach. Perfect beach location and perfect spot to walk to several nice areas including Camana Bay. Ops pick you by van or even better by boat right on the beach which means less time out of the water! Congratulations on the anniversary and if I was a non diving spouse I would be disappointed by an anniversary destination that was dive centric. Just saying :wink:

Poaching all the information on the thread as Mrs. and I are planning our 25th anniversary as I type. Only difference is she is a diver, but not yet 'all in' like I am, so a mix of diving and non-diving activities over the course of a week-ish is what I'm looking for...

I like Grenada. Beautiful island, diving quite decent especially with Aquanauts.

Back
Top Bottom