Help with OMS Phantom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tek Adventure Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just bought the OMS Phantom Canister Light. I was wondering what side and hand i should wear it on and how i should route the cord for it so it doesnt create drag or get tangled. I am debating on the waist or between the doubles. Does anyone have any input???????

Tek Adventure Diver:
I just bought the OMS Phantom Canister Light. I was wondering what side and hand i should wear it on and how i should route the cord for it so it doesnt create drag or get tangled. I am debating on the waist or between the doubles. Does anyone have any input???????

Yes I do. Depends.

Depends on a lot of things.

Tek Adventure Diver:
I just bought the OMS Phantom Canister Light. I was wondering how i should route the cord. Does anyone have any input???????

TOO........EASY........

MUST...........RESIST.............URGE

TO............COMMENT!!!

u must have NOO lives u write absolutly nothing, ok, right now, its on my back plate. (right side) it the cord, runs behind my back to my left side under my arm pit and on my left hand, im just asking other ways to have it

Take it diving and find out.

Let us know how your diving experience goes and what you prefer.

A search on 'configuration' will yield many lengthy threads that will make you an expert on the subject. However nothing beats actual in-water experience.

For what its worth:

Belt mounted is the prescribed DIR way: it is streamlined and tucked away from any entanglement hazards and allows you to ditch it to loose weight if need be. However the extra weight can hinder putting on the belt. I use this configuration when diving inside wreaks, kelp and other situations where there is an entanglement hazard.

Tank mounting is the most popular way: I use it when diving in open water. It can create an entanglement hazard but is convenient.

Which hand comes down to matter of preference. Read some old threads for the debate.

Tek/Thatcher B - if you want help and respect then fill out your profile with the truth: how many dives, what training you have actually done and what equipment you actually own. A photo of you resplendent in your drysuit, with your wings, twins, stages, argon and can light would help us advise you on your configuration and spot areas to improve: it is impressive that a 16 year old has such a set up.

Cheers,
Rohan.

Most people i know learned where to put there can light in there Trimix course

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom