Help with names of divesites in Ishigaki

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marpacifica

Contributor
Reaction score
Once upon a time in Micronesia, but now bubbling i
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

I'm trying to fill in my divebook with the names of some divesites in Ishigaki. My dive partner at the time wrote down all the info but we had a falling out so I can't get the info from that route. I tried looking on the internet but couldn't get any maps in English that were helpful. I'm most interested in the name of the bay where Seamen's Club Resort & Hotel is located (just south of Kabira Bay). I did two dives in that bay and can remember one of the locations (Indian Pinnacle) but can't remember the name of the other dive at the southern end of the bay. Any info on dive sites in that bay, or just even the name of that bay is helpful. Arigato goziemas!

hi marpacifica,

it's ken. nice to hear from u.

the name of the bay u are looking for is "SAKIEDA". we have several diving points there, such as "sakieda big arch".

hope it works.

ken chung ar
frantic DOLPHIN diver.

Ken,

Thanks so much for the information. That does sound familiar after you mentioned it. I remember diving the Labyrinth. I just heard from the editor of Asian Diver magazine and he will be printing my story and photos of Ishigaki Island in the Dec/Jan issue. I will update the article with the information about the Bay's real name.

Mar

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom