Help with LP ports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnmennell

Reaction score
Does anybody know of a product that allows two hoses to be attached to a single low pressure port.

johnmennell:
Does anybody know of a product that allows two hoses to be attached to a single low pressure port.
You should be able to pick up a LP Y-adaptor at any dive shop.

I would be careful splitting an LP port. I would only do it to run two inflator hoses. 2nd stage performance would suffer if you ran two 2nds on the same port.

I'm assuming that if you aren't using this as a 2nd inflator port for a dry suit, then you are trying to add an octopus to an "older" regulator that doesn't have any more LP ports.

The "Y" is frowned upon by lots of people.

If you are trying to add an octopus to an older regulator, the best way might be to add one that that does in the power inflator port. You can get these that are made of a "y" at that port coneection and some that "replace" the power inflator on the BC completely.

check that out.

my regulator has 3 lp ports, conshelf IXV. I plan on running a 2nd stage and octo from two ports and my BC and Drysuit from the third. any thoughts?

I have looked all over the net, amron, mar-vel, and trident and have been unable to find a simple Y.

I currently have a Dacor Gemini Pacer for an octopus on my Extreme plus which works in line with the inflator.

Thanks

johnmennell:
my regulator has 3 lp ports, conshelf IXV. I plan on running a 2nd stage and octo from two ports and my BC and Drysuit from the third. any thoughts?
Running the BC and drysuit using an adapter off the same port should be fine as you would sledom operate both at the same time and a restricted flow rate would not be a problem anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom