Help with light connectors for KNEKT arms for my GoPro setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

okiediver1961

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I could really use some help and/or references to something that will help me connect my BigBlue VL42000P lights to my KNEKT arms that are the large locline type for my trigger tray.

How the heck do I attach these lights? I am assuming I need a ball type on the arm itself, and then use a clamp to join the two. What goes into these hollow locline arms to do that?

Attachments

• IMG_5019.JPG
    IMG_5019.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_5020.JPG
    IMG_5020.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_5021.JPG
    IMG_5021.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 149
Whoever sold this to you is pretty slack, but that aside, This will do it: Howshot Ball Adapter for LOC-LINE 3/4" Flex Arm

check whether you have 3/4" or 1/2" locline, it looks like 3/4" but check anyway. Then add a standard clamp, there's one on the bottom of the page. That company is on Eurpoe, I couldn't find the ball adapter in a US store, though YOu could get this :

Mozaik - YS to Ball Adapter and a locline YS-adapter (also on same site) and a clamp. For some reason YS-locline adapters are plentiful, but ball joint adapters are not. Or try calling one of the big UW photo stores to see if they can get a locline-ball adapter for you.

AWESOME !!! Thank you...…..I think the Howshot is the ticket! Im ordering today! I bought this tray from KNekt--not knowing that I would have so much trouble finding what I needed to mount the BigBlue's I bought.....I already have a bunch of parts and a couple Vega's Im replacing so of course none of that worked. This company has since closed their doors (rats because I wanted to buy the dome) but I must say that I LOVE the trigger aspect of this tray and the great quality--- although I haven't used it yet in the ocean I have played around with it in the pool. So easy with the GoPro! THANK YOU!

Oh--and I did call Leisure Pro and BigBlue for help attaching to these arms and had no luck :(.

Yep, that is who I ordered from. Lots of options from them to do stuff that you just can't seem to find here in the US.

Back
Top Bottom