Help with digital pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jgarysmith

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Can anyone tell me if there is a nig diff in using the SealLife 200 with 1.3 mega pixels as compared to a SealLife 250 or 310 at say 2.3mp or 3.1mp's. I can get a better deal on the 1.3 Brand new. Just wondering if It would be worth it or will I wish I had spent the extra dollars on the newer 250 310.

1.3 megapixels?! Yikes, I didn't know you could still get digital cameras that low... other than webcams.

Go for the three megapixel model! Or if you have the option of getting a non-Sealife camera, try and pick up a five megapixel camera with an underwater housing. Some particular reason you're not going that route?

32.gif

I wouldn't get anything below 3MP.
Anything less at this point in time is too far behind the curve.

I agree. Go with a minimum of 3mp. When comparing digital cameras on image size alone more is better! You will find that when it comes to that once in a lifetime picture a 1mp camera will find significant limitations to enlarging that image beyond 4x6”.

In the 10 years that I was a film photographer, I enlarged approximately 3 images to a maximum size of 8x10. As a digital photographer, I have enlarge approximately 10 images a season. The largest of which is 36” x 36”. I never expected that I would enlarge so many images or so large but I am glad that I purchased a camera with a high MP count.

For reference: I started shooting digital images I purchased a 3mp camera. It was the latest model. I currently use a 5mp Canon G5.

Go big. That’s my opinion.

Westwinds

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom