Help with broken Pro-Ear. :p

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KansaiKitsune

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My freaking Pro-Ear finally broke. The plastic clasp on the right side where the mask strap feeds in and attaches seems to have cracked into two and I can't find the broken-off half to glue it back together. The pneumatic tubes and ear-cups are still fine, it's just the clasp that holds the mask strap on. I've included a picture of it here.

Anyone able to advise me on what kind of part I need to fix such a thing? I wrote to the manufacturer but I believe they may be overseas and they haven't written back yet. Picture of broken part included.

100_0514.jpg

Please help -- I love my Pro Ear. I don't wanna have to buy a replacement.

My mate kept getting ear infections while teaching, so he got a Pro Ear, but he hated the mask itself, and loved his Cressi Bigeyes. So he made his own Pro Ear from the Bigeyes and the tubes, etc, of the Pro Ear. Might be worth a shot if you can't get a replacement clip...

Mark

KansaiKitsune:
My freaking Pro-Ear finally broke. The plastic clasp on the right side where the mask strap feeds in and attaches seems to have cracked into two and I can't find the broken-off half to glue it back together. The pneumatic tubes and ear-cups are still fine, it's just the clasp that holds the mask strap on. I've included a picture of it here.

Anyone able to advise me on what kind of part I need to fix such a thing? I wrote to the manufacturer but I believe they may be overseas and they haven't written back yet. Picture of broken part included.

Hello,

I can't make out for sure in the picture you have posted, but I have an old USD mask that one of the strap clips broke off. I took the mask frame off and threaded the strap into the slot where the clip was and put the frame back on which secures the strap. That side is no longer adjustable, but that is ok as I can adjust the length from the other side if need be.

Good luck,

couv

I certainly don't want to step on any toes here since I know that ScubaToys sells these masks, but LeisurePro has the mask on sale for $29.95 right now so, if you haven't fixed it yet, it's pretty cheap to replace at the moment.

KansaiKitsune:

100_0514.jpg

If you are referring to the piece that attaches to the mask frame, that is easily replacable. If I can describe the piece, it is actually two pieces. Two clips on the end of the outside piece, take them off first. One round piece in the middle on the inner piece. The inner piece has two bars going across, the lower of which you thread the strap through. The lower one almost looks like a rolling pin.

If the lower one is the one that broke, I would bet you could find one at most LDS. That piece breaks quite often. It is actually a fairly universal piece. I got a ScubaPro piece recently that fit an XS mask. Maybe you could find an old ScubaPro mask and take one off that.

Take the piece off and go to your LDS. I bet they will have one. Or at least ask if they have a broken mask you can cannibalize.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom