Help with a Oceanic Atomic 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary Shepard

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have an Oceanic Atomic 2 that works great. I hope to upgrade later this year but for now it's what I have.

The problem is that I had to clean up my laptop a few weeks ago and since that time I cant get Oceanlog to run. It loads up but when you click on anything I get a runtime error and then it shuts down.

I have contacted Oceanic and they sent me to Pelagic Pressure Systems who wrote the software. They sent me links to reload the program plus drivers. But still no help. And now they can't help me.

Does anyone know of a 3rd party software I could use?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

I have an Oceanic Atomic 2 that works great. I hope to upgrade later this year but for now it's what I have.

The problem is that I had to clean up my laptop a few weeks ago and since that time I cant get Oceanlog to run. It loads up but when you click on anything I get a runtime error and then it shuts down.

I have contacted Oceanic and they sent me to Pelagic Pressure Systems who wrote the software. They sent me links to reload the program plus drivers. But still no help. And now they can't help me.

Does anyone know of a 3rd party software I could use?

Thanks for any help you can give me.
I was going to suggest Diverlog because that's what I initally used for Oceanic. But it appears that Diverlog is the Mac software and Oceanlog is for PC. So that won't work.

Subsurface should. Works with most dive computers out there. I know it works with many Oceanic computers, but not 100% sure on the Atom. Good news is that it will probably also work with the new computer when you do upgrade. They also have iOS and Android versions of Subsurface, and if you enable cloud backup, you can have your log on all your devices.

You can also import from other software. I've done it before with Diverlog to Subsurface. Since you can't get Oceanlog to run, that may be an issue. Not sure if you can find the log and import that way.

I tried Subsurface. It did download to it but it didn't seem to get all the info. Also I don't see where I can change it from metric.

I found Diving Log 6 for windows but it cost so I'm looking for more info and to verify I can download directly using it.

I lost my files so they are gone. I do have them back up old school in a log book.

I tried Subsurface. It did download to it but it didn't seem to get all the info. Also I don't see where I can change it from metric.
What's missing? I haven't noticed anything missing with my VT4 or my Perdix.

And you can definitely change from Metric. I'm not sure what the menu path would be for the Windows version, but I'm using with Imperial units.

Subsurface has a pretty thorough manual. It's online and you can pull it up from the software menu.

Is your OS up to date?

I took a better look and I found preferences. So I was able to make the changes. I did have an issue downloading. It took accouple of tries then it did but the temp for every dive was 82 to 84, way wrong.

I didn't save that restarted the laptop and tried again. This time everything went as it should.

Once I was in it a bit It seemed very simple to add more info from my old school dive log and to put the coordinates for the map.

Seems to be a nice program for free.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom