Help! Which Adapter to Fit Aqualung Airsource 3 to Aeris BCD (at shoulder dump)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marshmellow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just bought a couple Aeris EX Lite BCD's for my GF and I for travel. I getting my gear together. I also bought a couple Sherwood Maximus regs for the under the arm hose routing and for having a longer hose for emergencies, which is recommended when using an integrated 2nd.

One set I bought had an SP Air2 Integrated complete with corrugated hose and dump valve. The seller said it came off his Dive Rite Transpac. To my surprise it fit perfectly on the Aeris BCD left shoulder dump connector. Unfortuantely, the Aeris EX Lite, like many travel BCD's, doesn't have a right shoulder dump, so that has created a little problem that been well discussed in another thread I posted. One diver in that thread suggested I get the Aqualung Airsource 3 if I'm sold on an Integrated 2nd because it has a grip and ability to easily dump air while breathing it. It was the solution I went with and have a new AL Airsource 3 that i got half price on eBay on it's way.

The problem I face now is in ordering a ring adapter kit to marry the AS3 to my Aeris at the shoulder dump connector. Aqualung makes an adapter for Mares, Zeagle and Scuba Pro BCD's. However, they couldn't tell me if one of those adapters will work on my Aeris. Yet, I know the Air2 I have fits perfectly. What I don't know is if it has a standard Scuba Pro fitting or whether it's been modified to fit the Dive Rite Transpac it came off of? One thread I read on this matter said the Oceanic (sister company and almost identical to Aeris) uses the Zeagle standard connector at the shoulders on their BCD's. If this is true, it would suggest the Air2 had been modified to work on Dive Rite Transpac's. So, now I'm not sure which adapter to order form Aqualung.

Anyone know which shoulder BCD connections cross over to the different standards? All I know is the Dive Rite Transpac/Air2 I have fits, but have no idea whether this is a Scuba Pro standard connector or some other, such as Zeagle? I don't have a shop nearby to check out compatibility.

Any knowledge on the Aeris BCD shoulder dump connector and other manufacturers or know which standard Dive Rite Transpac's use? I got a hunch it's Scuba Pro, as my Air2 this looks like many other photos I've seen of complete Air2 rigs, but that's just speculation, as it could have been modified.

Thanks

Here's a photo of the Air 2 that currently fits my Aeris.

P9080009.jpg

Back
Top Bottom