Help wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AirForce

New
Reaction score
My friend's husband went missing in the American Reservoir a few weeks ago while she was TDY. We are looking for PSD/SAR divers in the Pocatello Idaho area that we can hire privately to continue the search. If anyone knows how to contact divers in the Idaho area or knows of volunteers please let us know. We are looking for anyone even if they can only give a day or weekend. Please advise we don't know where else to go...Contact number is 916-580-8066.

My friend's husband went missing in the American Reservoir a few weeks ago while she was TDY. We are looking for PSD/SAR divers in the Pocatello Idaho area that we can hire privately to continue the search. If anyone knows how to contact divers in the Idaho area or knows of volunteers please let us know. We are looking for anyone even if they can only give a day or weekend. Please advise we don't know where else to go...Contact number is 916-580-8066.
Airforce, sorry for your friends loss but no reputable PSD is going to go into someone else's jurisdiction to do a search unless they are requested officially by the agency in charge of the search.

The correct method to handle this is to request that it be continued through the agency that is in charge of the search. If they need help then there will be other agencies in the region that will help out.

If they have ended the search then they have most likely determined that the chances of a recovery are not worth the continued risks of the operation, there is not enough information to continue the search or the area to be searched has been covered adequately. They sould be willing to discuss this WITH THE FAMILY.

Thank you for the insight. Right now I am staying with my friend as there is no other family around. The county has exhausted its funds and can now only go out occasionally is what the sheriff told us. They are doing their best. My friend has offered to help fund a continued search but the deputy informed her that due to legal reasons that it is unlikely they can accept the money. We were just looking for some ways to bring some closure to the situation but do not want to be taken advantage or put anyone else at risk. This is something none of us have had to deal with before and are just looking for advise. So thank you, your advice has been helpful. The county is planning to continue to search when the water level drops so I guess we will continue to pray.

American Falls Res is in Bingham county. YOu could also talk with Kieth Christensen at Inland scuba. He is with the Bonneville County dive team but trains the Bingham guys. Normally when a need is expressed the Sheriffs get lots of public support. There are even a couple of ROVs in the Eastern Idaho area that routinely get volunteered ans a more safe and expedient method to make discoveries. Divers are then put in the water.

There was a fisherman from Frith that went missing in the Snake river last week. He was recovered over the weekend. Is this the party in question? Other than that there has been no mention of a missing person in the AF reservoir.

Is this the gentleman who went missing in mid June with the first name of Charles?

Thanks again for the information and yes his name is Charles, he has been gone for over thirty days now. The other gentleman you mentioned, thankfully, was indeed recovered from the Snake River just a day after his accident.

Thanks again for the information and yes his name is Charles, he has been gone for over thirty days now. The other gentleman you mentioned, thankfully, was indeed recovered from the Snake River just a day after his accident.

I just got a wee bit confused for a while. My wife would assure you that it happens all of the time. I'll call the LDS, there may be folks who can go. Many of our LDS divers work for local LE agencies or Fire Departments.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom