help!! SeaLife Reefmaster got wet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Les

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was taking my fins off after the dive today and something snagged on my housing clasp and it opened up. It was on the surface but none-the-less water inside housing and luckily camera stayed inside. I held the camera over the defrost vent immediately the whole drive home and as soon as I got home opened camera casing up to get hair dryer to dry the internals. Looks ok but no power when turn on. what else can be done? anyone do something similar? what worked/did not work? post up or pm me please.
thanks all,
Les

uh-oh...that's not good. :bawling: A rinse with isopropanol might help, but I doubt it....Hope you are insured...

On my 6th dive with my 310 the case leaked at about 20 feet. Since it was new it was repaced on warrinty. I think it was due to the cold water Victoria, BC[47F]. I tried to dry the camera but as in your case it failed to turn on.
I haven't tried it in cold water since but it was fine in 84F water.
I think you will have to send it to sealife or through a dealer for repair. I also think they are a vivtar camera so you may be able to repace it that way.

I have emailed Sealife but will have to wait until the new year for a response. I will check with LDS on Monday as well.
ShallowDraft did you try a vivitar or does it just look similar?
thanks for the replies,
Les

Les
I saw the same camera at XS Cargo. It sure looked the same and had all the same functions other than the underwater icons. I wish I had picked one of them up for a spare. I think the sealife ones are logoed for them.
Good luck with sealife.
I am still not sure I will trust the seal in cold water. How much use has your camera had in your area?

I have had it for around 1 1/2 yrs on about 70 dives. The only problem I have had, have been when you go to turn on sometimes underwater the lcd screen goes funny so you turn off and try again and it would be normal. Other than that I find it to be alright. It is my first camera so point and shoot is simple. I have the strobe which doesn't fire all the time so some pics turn out dark or not at all but being digital I can delete right away. Our Western Canadian waters are cold ( ranges from 42-80 )and not the best vis sometimes.
Do you know a model # for that other camera? I will keep a look out at some online stores. If you know of any please forward them.
Thanks,
Les

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom