Help Save Table Rock Lake for Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nagel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey all,

I'm trying to get the word out to as many local Table Rock divers to maybe attend one of the these meetings. It appears the Corps would like to hear input on making Table Rock Lake better. It sure would be great if they would consider putting in a suitable shore diving area and maybe even allow some of the local dive shops / divers to put in some platforms and dive attractions.

If you are in the area, can you go and put in a good word for us?

Snagel

TABLE ROCK LAKE MASTER PLAN REVISION

The Army Corps of Engineers, Little Rock District, plans to revise the Table Rock Lake Master Plan. The Master Plan guides the classification and management of government-owned or leased lands around the lake and may affect future recreational opportunities and natural resource management.

Pursuant to the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) an Environmental Assessment of potential impacts of the draft plan will also be prepared.

We want to hear from you!

Please attend a meeting or visit Little Rock District - Table Rock Lake
for current information.

PUBLIC SCOPING WORKSHOPS

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

6:00 to 8:30 p.m.

Reeds Spring High School

20277 State Hwy 413, Reeds Spring, MO

Thursday, November 29, 2012

6:00 to 8:30 p.m.

Shell Knob Elementary School

24400 State Hwy 39, Shell Knob, MO

Saturday, December 1, 2012

10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.

Dewey Short Visitor’s Center

4500 State Hwy 165, Branson, MO

-----All facilities accessible to persons with disabilities-----

Attend one of the three public scoping workshops to learn the details of the master planning process and provide your input to the master plan vision for future land use and management along the shorelines of Table Rock Lake. Your input will help define the Table Rock Lake Master Plan Revision scheduled for public review in the summer of 2013.

Comments may be submitted via mail, email, or fax with attention to: Dana Coburn, Chief, Environmental Branch, Planning and Environmental, USACE, Little Rock District, P.O. Box 867, Little Rock, AR 72203. Fax: (501) 324-5605, Email: M4TRMP@usace.army.mil , Website: Little Rock District - Table Rock Lake .

Written comments must be postmarked, e-mailed, faxed, or otherwise submitted by December 14, 2012.

---------- Post added November 21st, 2012 at 02:55 PM ----------

If you can't attend, but want to see the Corps consider adding areas for divers send them an email as listed above. I've sent mine.

Snagel

Got an email from one of my buddies that attended one of the meetings:

Meeting was short and to the point. Very general explanation of the Corps desire to update their "master plan". Must have been 800-900 people at the Reeds Spring meeting. No chance to actually voice individual concerns. They did, however, have comments cards available and I completed one from a divers viewpoint needing consideration for developed dive sites. I suggest an email to the corps by Dec. 14 which will do as much good as anything.

Back
Top Bottom