help posting photos - was "identification" in name that critter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

houstonrick

Registered
Reaction score
I am new to this site. I have a couple of pictures of somethig strange I saw in Yap. How do I post the pictures?

houstonrick

Click here...How to post pictures

Irfanview is a good free program, if you want to reduce picture size for uploads. It does batch processing and doesn't take long to figure out.

I enjoy diving a lot more than jacking with this computer. No luck in getting the pictures posted.

I hear ya.

Try this, go to the Scubaboard photo gallery, select upload photos, browse your computer to find the pix you want to ID, and upload.

After that is completed, start a new thread in Name that Critter. When you start your thread, you will see a box on the right side of your post that says "my pics", hit open, and you should see the pix you uploaded in the pop up window.

Click the picture that you want to show up in the post and then it should show up in your post.

Another way if you don't want to upload is just add your picture as an attachment in your thread, use go advanced options and find the attachments option with the little paper clip icon. You might have to reduce the size for that to work, I think the max size is 200K for one pic, 100K per for multiple attached pix in one post. This is off the top of my head, I hope I got it right...

I hope that helps, it took me a while to figure it out too. Otherwise, hopefully support will give you clearer info soon. I do look forward to seeing what you have...

There's also some options easily explained if you follow the Pink Link in my signature and scroll down a bit. It's not too hard or time consuming.

Don't forget to add the location of your critter in the title of your new thread!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom