Help plan family vacation to Playa del Carmen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opie712

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are thinking of planning a trip to PDC next year. I'm going to take some sidemount classes and maybe some intro to cave so thought a family trip would be good also.
Things we are looking for
-Nice accommodation doesn't have to be all inclusive must be kid friendly (3yr girl)
- Must have nice beach since the wife and daughter are beach bums a water park would be fun to spend some time at but just some activities that will keep the little one busy
-list of things for the whole family to do that's a must do
-What time of yr is the best for going
Any help is very appreciative

Looking at the Gran Bahia Akhuml anyone have reviews or thoughts

+1 for VRBO. Just back from a truly pleasant stay in a condo in Akumal. This one was Mi Casa del Mar, small pool, kid-friendly atmosphere, but it must be said there's lots of choice there, including lots on the splendid beach of Half Moon Bay. With a three year old, there's much to be said for setting your own schedule for breakfast and naps... tho I suppose the kids' club/babysitting aspect of some AIs would be a feature.

Playa del Carmen's beach is lovely too, though way busier. Xcaret a great, if pricey, day outing for the animals, lazy river and cultural show. You can show your daughter the dolphins while your wife gets a massage :).

Def no baby sitting service I'm not sure that I would trust them while we are away so we are taking a sister to do some baby sitting so that's not an issue looked at the gran bahia cobe they have the dolphin experience at the hotel and a kid water park with broadway style disney shows of a night we done the vrbo to the keys and loved it

No I'm not choosing its in a toss up a reason for that place because the kids activities kids water park disney shows nice beach gated community tge dolphins is there so why not partake in it

tge dolphins is there so why not partake in it

Why not partake in it? Because they are captive dolphins! That's why!
You want to see dolphins? Dive a whole lot, and maybe, if you are really lucky, one day you'll spot a pod in the ocean (where they belong) while on a dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom