Help Needed to Identify My Tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jason Bingham

Contributor
Reaction score
So I purchased this tank yesterday for $30 and figured for that price what the heck. The stamping on the shoulder of the tank are not very deep and so it is difficult to near impossible to see them in a photo. Between a paper/pencil rubbing and light at an angle I have the following information. Can anyone help me out with identifying the volume of this cylinder. The marking are stamp from top to bottom on the shoulder like I have them typed here.

DOT 3AA2400
SRP
6C71+ PST <---------(the C has a small L inside of it)

~ The tank is 8" in diameter and just over 26" tall (without valve)
~ The tank is galvanized
~ Tank weighs approx. 44 lbs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have looked everywhere for information with very little luck. I am guessing it is a LP104 but I am not sure.

Should be a PST LP104 if your measurements are correct. 1971 would be during the lightweight years with the tall steep neck. They were bad for doubles, but wonderful single tanks.

It does have the angled slope for the neck o-ring instead of the relief cut like more modern tanks have. Any idea on a REE number for it?

I am planning on using it as a single tank.

I does have the angled slope for the neck o-ring instead of the relief cut like more modern tanks have. Any idea on a REE number for it?

I am planning on using it as a single tank.
I could give you a ballpark from a more modern lp104, but not an exact number that a hydrotester would accept.

The C with the L in the hydro date is Cochran Laboratories who did PST original hydros.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom