Help needed on Premiere Pro and Firewire controls...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yceltikci

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Dear all,

I had a feeling that if I had a firewire card and connected my SONY TRV38 via that, Adobe Premiere Pro suggest to control the Play/Rew/FF/Stop/Pause and capture controls thru the software itself. Which means I would not need a remote control to start stop playing from the camcorder and the return back to the PC to start capturing, and so forth...

I appriciate any help from those who have used such a setup.

Regards,
Yener

Yener,

You are correct. You should be able to control the camcorder with the software - Play, FF, REW.....
Be sure that the camcorder is on and in VCR mode (play switch enabled).
Some some software may have issues using certain devices. My Ulead software works with my Sony and JVC camcorders, but the JVC won't work with some other programs.
I haven't worked with Premier - but most programs will have a pull-down list of available devices. If your camcorder is not in the list - try exiting the program and attaching the camera to the firewire connection and put it in play mode. If you're using XP - then you should get an audio indication that a new device has been attached. When you open the editing program and choose capture mode, the device should appear in the drop-down list.

Mark

Yener,

I downloaded trial versions of Premier Pro and Elements. I tried capture with my Sony and JVC camcorders. Both worked fine with the Sony. Neither worked with the JVC.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom