Help needed analyzing a dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The no dive and desaturation times are simply tools to help divers known when it is safe to fly or ascend to significant elevation. The 24 hour no fly time is very conservative. As you know, the recommendation is 12 hours for a single no deco dive and 18 hours for multiday and/or repetitive no deco dives. The no fly time for decompression dives in "longer". The desaturation time is the amount of time until all your compartments are fully desaturated. This is usually less than 24 hours, but may exceed it for multiple days of repetitive dives. On Shearwater computers, you can view the remaining compartment loading by viewing the tissue loading graph.

The no fly and desaturation times are not directly connected to your repetitive dives. There will always be a desaturation time during repetitive dives. The residual nitrogen load is taken into account in your NDL and can be checked ahead of time in your NDL planner. I'm sure you have looked at your NDL planner before a 1st, clean dive, compared to a repetitive dive.

Again, this does raise a question regarding the content of your dive master training program. What would you have replied if one of your divers asked you this very question?
I would have replied what you said. I wrote earlier that for me SAT was only related to no fly. The problem is that you always hear false comments from much more experienced divers so I double check.

I would have replied what you said. I wrote earlier that for me SAT was only related to no fly. The problem is that you always hear false comments from much more experienced divers so I double check.
However, even if I know what it is for, I do not how it is calculated as I find the DESAT not consistent with the N2 graph.

However, even if I know what it is for, I do not how it is calculated as I find the DESAT not consistent with the N2 graph.
Desat will show when your tissues are no longer saturated. N2 graph shows when your tissues are no longer super-saturated

Desat will show when your tissues are no longer saturated. N2 graph shows when your tissues are no longer super-saturated
Wait..
Saturated means it's equal to ambient.
So every non diver is saturated on the surface.

Super saturated means you tissues have more gas then what a nondiver would have.this happens when ascending.

For example :
Descent to 30m. Tissues are under saturated.

Stay at 30m until tissues are saturated.

Ascent to the surface.
Your tissues are still saturated to 4 bar,but ambient pressure drops.
On the surface it's 1 bar. You tissues are still off gassing.. Which means they are super saturated. The amount of super saturated a tissue can handle is determined by the m value and GF.

Correct me if i am wrong, but the word saturated is not used correctly in your post I think.

For a proper analysis, we will need hair, blood, saliva and urine samples. Also, anything embedded under the fingernails.

Wait..
Saturated means it's equal to ambient.
So every non diver is saturated on the surface.

Super saturated means you tissues have more gas then what a nondiver would have.this happens when ascending.

For example :
Descent to 30m. Tissues are under saturated.

Stay at 30m until tissues are saturated.

Ascent to the surface.
Your tissues are still saturated to 4 bar,but ambient pressure drops.
On the surface it's 1 bar. You tissues are still off gassing.. Which means they are super saturated. The amount of super saturated a tissue can handle is determined by the m value and GF.

Correct me if i am wrong, but the word saturated is not used correctly in your post I think.
Quite possibly. How I understand it is that at the surface the N2 has a partial pressure of 0.79 but the N2 graph will whow zero when N2 =1

Quite possibly. How I understand it is that at the surface the N2 has a partial pressure of 0.79 but the N2 graph will whow zero when N2 =1
HMM OK. Not sure why it is that way. Would make sense to show zero, when tissues are saturated. Maybe it shows something different.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom