HELP! Need easy to use camera!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kent_1848

Reaction score
I'm looking for a camera for a beginner. Do I want a point and shoot? I know I want something with a flash/strobe. Can anyone give me some recommendations please. Going to the ocean at the end of July, and would like to get some decent underwater photos.

Hi!

As always I would point you to the Canon A series. I've also seen very good results from the S70 and the Ixus series.

Do a little wandering around this area and you'll find several recent threads with information. Also check out the Getting Started thread as it's got some mini-reviews and things to look for!

Have fun shopping!

While I do prefer digital, there are a lot of good used MX-10s around. They are about as simple and rugged a camera you can get. When used correctly, the are quite capable of really good shots. It was my first UW camera and it is still in great working shape. Is this you first ocean dive?

Just ordered the canon S70 & the underwater housing. Should be here in plenty of time to get some good photos top side to make sure I'm familiar with it. Any accessories that are a must? I figure I'll get a spare battery and a 1GB card, anything other than that?

herman:
Is this you first ocean dive?

Nope, just first ocean dive with a decent camera :)

You're off to a great start! When you're ready get a strobe.

After buying my Canon S40, I got the Inon D2000 strobe, wide angle lense and macro lense and my pictures have gotten a lot better. I read a lot of underwater photography books and learned about different ways to compose the shot and great techniques from the pros.

Good luck!

kent_1848:
Just ordered the canon S70 & the underwater housing. Should be here in plenty of time to get some good photos top side to make sure I'm familiar with it. Any accessories that are a must? I figure I'll get a spare battery and a 1GB card, anything other than that?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom