Help, need a Suunto Solution back cover/plate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vq-1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone know where I can purchase a or have a used back plate/cover that I may purchase? Misplaced mine.
Here is a pic of the back cover

Attachments

• 543FC072-2733-4222-B29A-BF940E3C8B07.jpeg
    543FC072-2733-4222-B29A-BF940E3C8B07.jpeg
    99.4 KB · Views: 104
Does anyone know where I can purchase a or have a used back plate/cover that I may purchase? Misplaced mine.
Here is a pic of the back cover

Do you need the black piece or the clear plastic piece? I have the clear piece you can have. It is from a Suunto octopus computer but I think it should fit yours as well.

-Z

I need both pieces, thanks

I need both pieces, thanks

I only have the clear plastic battery cover, the clear plastic screen protector, and a black plastic ring that I can't remember what purpose it served.

I got rid of the rest because the Suunto Octopus was given to me a bunch of years ago with a dead battery. The programming of these computers is apparently toast if there is no battery power for a prolonged period of time...I replaced the battery but the computer was not operational or recoverable...I kept the small bit piece parts and sent the rest to recycling. I didn't think anyone would need the back cover...kind of a weird thing to misplace given how large it is and how integral it is to the computer (not so much the operation of it but it is half the outer case).

You can have what I have if you want.

-Z

The cobra is different...the Solution is more akin to the Favor, Companion and Octopus...which are the models that predate the Cobra, Vyper, Gekko, Vytec, Zoop, Vyper 2, and Vyper Air.

The Solution and computers similar had a black rubberish plastic cover that was screwed on the back and its primary purpose was to protect the epoxy sealed guts of the computer and hold the battery compartment cover in place, along with being the part of the computer that rested against the diver's wrist/forearm.

The cobra has a totally different form factor that has no parts compatible with the Solution. The solution even uses a different battery (1/2 AA) compared to the flat CR2450 that the cobra and other more modern Suunto puck style computers use.

-Z

Here is an ebay listing for some parts for the Suunto solution. If you really like this computer an want to keep yours going this is probably a good deal:

Suunto Solution Dive Computer Module - Scuba Diving | eBay

Have you verified that your Solutions still works? The only thing that keeps the battery cover in place without the back cover is the battery cover o-ring....if the battery has been out of the computer for any length of time the computer may no longer function. If you have not verified this you may want to do so before investing any money in it.

-Z

I
I only have the clear plastic battery cover, the clear plastic screen protector, and a black plastic ring that I can't remember what purpose it served.

I got rid of the rest because the Suunto Octopus was given to me a bunch of years ago with a dead battery. The programming of these computers is apparently toast if there is no battery power for a prolonged period of time...I replaced the battery but the computer was not operational or recoverable...I kept the small bit piece parts and sent the rest to recycling. I didn't think anyone would need the back cover...kind of a weird thing to misplace given how large it is and how integral it is to the computer (not so much the operation of it but it is half the outer case).

You can have what I have if you want.

-Z

Ya, you should see my garage...I have stuff all over the place. I really appreciate it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom