HELP! My plane got cancelled, now where do I go for two weeks in june??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tigerman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
So, my flight to the red sea got cancelled and I don't find much options in way of transport there for the two weeks I have available in june.

Now I'm lost and confused and in need of re-planning where to go.
I've been snooping around a little and it doesn't really help me much. So then the question is where do I go?
Im open to all warm-water suggestions.

What do I preferr to see?
Well, umm.. I love big fish like the mantas and sharks, but I also love the little sneaky bastards hiding in rocks and discarded shells so ideally a little of both..
I know this board is opinionated - convince me where to go please? :p

Indonesia

Indonesia is definetly an option as theres fairly affordable flights from here into Denpasar on Bali. Question is if I go there where to go? Stay in the Denpasar area or travel further north..

Currently I am biased towards the Philippines. Not much of larger creatures, with a few notable exceptions, but you will have to go far to beat their selection of smaller, macro type offerings. Prices are also very reasonable, and everyone speaks English, which is a nice touch. Lots of info on the Asia forum. I just got back from Puerto Galera/Sabang, and will have a large trip report soon.

Philipines is a bit trickier to find reasonable flights, but definetly on my "id hit that" list...

Philippines is great. Indonesia - I was in Sulawesi so not sure about the Balinese diving.

Shame your Red sea flight has been cancelled.

Woulda been my 10th trip so I'll miss the people more than the diving..

Ew . . . Gah!! Definitely not Denpassar. Why not also check and see if any liveaboard has space?

I would think it would be possible to move elsewhere, despite the flight going to denpasar?

I would think it would be possible to move elsewhere, despite the flight going to denpasar?
Of course. With the exception of the mola mola diving in the south, most of the good diving on Bali is in the north. There are many operations providing "dive safari" services which transport you from site to site and arrange for lodging and dive masters/dive boats, or you can make arrangements on your own. I don't have first-hand knowledge of the actual diving - my only Indonesian experiences involved flying from Bali (Wakatobi) or taking a liveaboard from Bali (to Komodo) - but I did some research planning a trip that never happened. I'd look/ask in the Indonesia forum for more info if you're interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom