Help: My measurements keep changing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello wetwear:

I have been wanting to order a suit but here is the problem ...

As a weight lifting athlete my dimensions change throughout the year. My off season weight is 204 and my competing weight is 180. Most of the weight gain occurs in the upper body (chest area). Is it possible to have one suit that would give so much stretch that it would accommodate 20 - 24 lbs of weight gain?

On my last dive my zipper came off in the rear entry suit because my back had gotten much wider since I last used. Please let me know what you would suggest ...

regards -

Sinbad

Hi Sinbad,

I am very familiar with the weight fluctuation of body builders. Do you know the difference in inches? It is hard with body builders to use pounds as a measurement because your fluctuation is very severe in inches in certain parts of your body. I know some body builders that fluctuate 4-6 inches in the chest area and the waist area from season to off season. This is a difference of 3 sizes. I can easily see how your zipper would bust with that kind of size added to your chest and back. Even with the stretchiest wetsuit you would have a problem with the fluctuation of your size. There are a lot of variables to take into consideration and the best thing to do is call and speak with us. Through talking to you we can have a better understanding of your weight fluctuations and can maybe help you think of a solution.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Connie Sonnabend
Wetwear
(954)458-0400

Connie ROCKS!!!! Was a pleasure to deal with, and my suit came out great. Do yourself a favor and call her.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom