Help, my first stage leaks when connected to a yoke converter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have din regulators, and these have worked fine in the past. But I've come away to get more dive experience. Here they use yoke only tanks. So I went and bought a converter but when I try and use it isn't forming a tight connection so when I turn the pressure on it just blows out from between the converter and the first stage (not from the converter to the tank connection). It worked for my first dive and now it seems it just won't connect properly, is there anything you can advise? Please help

Check the o-ring on your regulator's DIN fitting. It's possible that it fell out or blew out or is damaged.

Also check the adapter to make sure nothing is stuck inside it preventing a proper seal.

Another thing to check is that you haven't managed to unscrew the DIN fitting from your regulator. It's easy to do if you turn the reg instead of the knob.

flots.

Are you sure it is the right part for your regulator? Is it OEM?

What you should also check is if your regs have a 200 bar din fitting and you are trying to use an adapter made to also accept the longer 300 bar. Have never actually seen one but who knows what's out there. What regs do you have and are they set up with 200 or 300 bar fittings? From what I have seen and used it doesn't matter if it's the same mfg as the reg. A din adapter is a din adapter. What will matter is that the oring is ok, the length is right, and that your din fitting is tight and the orings in it, usually two or three, are ok.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

I get this a lot when I use the adapter on my APEKS. The DIN connection becomes unscrewed from the body of the 1st stage. Get an Allen key and nip it up a bit. Should be fine then.

Thanks everybody I looked and the o ring had blown out but because I'm only used to yoke valves I didn't even realise it was missing.

Back
Top Bottom